Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

Homestudy NOT on its way!

Ugh.

I got a call last night that our social worker had just barely gotten confirmation from our placing agency that the homestudy was good to go, so she said she would probably be unable to mail it until next Tuesday when she gets back from her weekend trip. She said she would try to get it notarized and mail it from the town where she'll be staying, but couldn't make any promises. I know it's just a few days and it shouldn't matter that much, but it really knocked the wind out of my sails.

On top of that, we found out at one of our SIX parent-teacher conference last night that Beck will have to repeat kindergarten. I kind of suspected this might be the recommendation since he's really struggling with reading and writing, but I'm still disappointed and worried for him. I hope it won't be a blow to his little ego. On the bright side, since Song Guo probably won't start school until the autumn after she gets here, it might be nice for them to be home together in the afternoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment