Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2013

weekly menu

I think I'm finally back on track with our menus for each week.  Now that everything has settled down since my mom's passing and our trip, I think I can handle this again.  :o)

Orange-roasted tofu and asparagus

Crock pot chile verde "pork" tacos (serves 6)

4 cups Butler's soy curls, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes and drained
1 onions, minced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 green pepper, finely chopped
2-3 tomatillos, husked and chopped
1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
1 16-ounce jar green salsa
1 4-ounce can green chilies
1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
1 tsp cumin

Dump all ingredients into crock pot, stir.  Cook on low 6-8 hours.  Serve with corn tortillas, shredded lettuce, sour cream, guacamole, etc.

Rice noodle with grapefruit-Sriracha sauce (I'm adding avocado and shredded cabbage)

Veggie and white bean curry - this is a variation on a recurring theme in our house.  For about 6 people, I use a can of coconut milk, a couple of tablespoons of curry paste, a couple of tablespoons of brown sugar, veggies, and a protein (usually tofu, but in this case, beans).  I heat it all up and serve it over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment