Pages

Sunday, March 23, 2014

State gymnastics meet

Yesterday Maizie and Sofie competed in the state gymnastics meet in Missoula.  It was a LONG drive for only a couple hours of competition (in fact, the awards ceremony was almost as long as the competition!), but it was a lot of fun and the girls did great.  Maizie placed first on floor and Sofie placed 4th on beam, and they both placed in the all-around (I can't remember off the top of my head where).  I have much better pictures on my camera, but here are a couple I shot with my phone during the awards ceremony.

Zoe came to stay with the other kids so that Curtis and I could take Maizie and Sofie to the meet.  It happened to be our 23rd wedding anniversary, so while it wasn't exactly a romantic getaway, it was nice to have some time to ourselves and to cheer on our girls.  We didn't get each other any gifts since we have such huge expenses coming up with YunLi's adoption, but we both think she's a wonderful gift!



No comments:

Post a Comment