Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Weekly Menu


OK, I know I say this all the time, but the baskets we got today were awesome!  The organic was one of the best we've ever had.  In addition to the baskets, I also got a case of pineapple.

Conventional:
Tomatoes on the vine
Romaine lettuce
Zucchini
Green beans
Cauliflower
Green grapes
Mangos
Nectarines
Plums
Bananas
Limes
Strawberries

Organic:
Corn
Purple kale
Baby bok choy
Cauliflower
Celery
Broccoli
Mushrooms
Donut peaches
Cantaloupe
Pluots
Cherries
Mangos

Stuff left from last week (some of which we are devouring as I type):
grapes
cherries
plums
nectarines
apricots
avocados
potatoes
squash (spaghetti, butternut, acorn)


Here are the recipes for this week:

We eat QDoba-style veggie burritos all the time.  I just whip up a batch of lime rice (minus cilantro because most of us hate it) and some black beans.  Then I dice and roast (salt, pepper, olive oil spray) some zucchini and/or summer squash at 450 for about 20 minutes.  Then we throw the veggie, rice and beans into some tortillas along with avocado, salsa, etc.  They're so good!

Baked Pasta and Broccoli with Cheesy Cauliflower Sauce (This is an Our Best Bites recipes that I am veganizing.  I'm leaving out the ham, although you could use some Yves ham or something.  I'll use soy milk for the milk, and will sub a combination of Daiya mozzarella and nutritional yeast for the Pecorino cheese.  I'll also be sure to use whole wheat pasta for greater protein and fiber content.)

Spicy Potato-Chickpea Curry

Moroccan-Spiced Spaghetti Squash



No comments:

Post a Comment