Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Weekly menu

The last few days have been very busy as we've been preparing for Joshua's farewell and open house.  I've been baking and creating like crazy!  I'll post more about all of that in the next couple of days, but I will say that I used the five million strawberries for chocolate-dipped strawberries that I'll be serving tomorrow at the open house.  For now, here's the weekly menu and our Bountiful Baskets list.  :o)

16 gala apples
2 bags green grapes
10 red pears
12 plums
2 honeydew melon
16 limes
12 bananas + 10 organic bananas
2 watermelon
8 quarts of strawberries

8 tomatoes
4 bunches of collard greens
4 lbs carrots
2 bunch celery
4 English cucumbers
18 yams
2 avocados + 6 organic avocados
6 bunches boy choy
2 bunches rainbow carrots
2 heads butter lettuce
several bunches spinach
2 heads cauliflower

Stuff I already have:
2 packages sliced portabellos
1 large package baby portabellas



Chorizo, potato and mushroom tacos (I'll be using soyrizo sausage)
Thai curry - I post this recipe all the time, but it's just a couple of tablespoons of curry paste (like Thai Kitchen) and a couple tablespoons of brown sugar to one can of coconut milk.  Veggies and chickpeas get simmered until veggies are tender, and then everything is served over rice with a generous squirt of Sriracha.  
Curried lentils and sweet potatoes with bok choy (This is another curry, but an Indian-inspired one, rather than the Thai flavors from the night before.  Also, it actually calls for swiss chard, but since we got a bunch of bok choy and it's another cruciferous green, I think it will substitute just fine.)

No comments:

Post a Comment