Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Weekly menu

I'm behind this week, and I actually have a lot to write about for a change, but I'll do that in another post.  Our baskets were pretty good on Saturday - not my absolute favorite but still a pretty good variety.  I got two conventional, two organic, a lunch box pack (which is why there's so much fruit), and two quarts of coconut oil.  The coconut oil was a fantastic deal!

Red butter lettuce
Leafy green lettuce
Leeks
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Potatoes
Tomatoes
Baby carrots
Corn

Avocados
Bananas
Peaches
Nectarines
Black plums
Mango plums
Green plums
Asian pears
Mineolas
Fuji apples
Yellow apples
Bosh pears
Red pears
Strawberries

From last week, I have a boatload of green pears which are still not quite ripe and that I plan to freeze, plus about 20 avocados, hence today's meal.

Here's the menu:

Beer-battered avocado tacos
Curry (see second paragraph)
Tempeh sloppy joes (see second paragraph)
Cuban beans and rice - this is a super easy dinner that I planned for a busy night.  SW brand now makes "Cuban Recipe Black Beans," which I plan to heat and dump over steamed brown rice.  If I have time, I'm going to bake the peaches and pears with a little cinnamon and brown sugar, but we'll have to see how that day goes.  We do the same thing with cans of Margaret Holmes Hoppin' John sometimes.  Both are good sources of protein and make a super-fast meal.

1 comment:


  1. Getting Geothermal Engineering Assignment Help from our geothermal engineering assignment services is instructed since it will help you gain the best knowledge and complete your assignment by the timeframe without any challenges. Our Geothermal Engineering experts are PhD experts that have through extensive training to deliver the best assignment solutions to you. We also accept urgent command for the task. Use our Online Assignment Help writing services at your convenience for completion.

    ReplyDelete