Pages

Saturday, May 4, 2013

weekly menu

Here's my list of produce from today.  The organic baskets were great, and I also got the guacamole pack and a flat of strawberries.

cherry tomatoes
baby lettuce heads
green beans
broccoli
purple kale
majoram
thyme
russet potatoes
arugula
green onion
onions
garlic
cilantro
jalape├▒os 

apples
strawberries (in the basket and the flat)
avocados
lemons
limes

I forgot to put the green beans on the menu, but I'll roast them and serve them instead of the kale chips on Thursday.  We'll have the kale chips for snacks.  :o)



The pulled "pork" sandwiches are super easy and so yummy!  You just soak some soy curls in warm water for about 10 minutes, drain, and then dump them into a crock pot.  Then dump in a bottle or two of barbecue sauce and cook on low for 6-8 hours.  Serve on hamburger buns.

The curry recipe can be found here.  

Depending on how much time I have on Thursday, I may make my own chili or will use Amy's canned chili.  

No comments:

Post a Comment