Pages

Saturday, May 4, 2013

weekly menu

Here's my list of produce from today.  The organic baskets were great, and I also got the guacamole pack and a flat of strawberries.

cherry tomatoes
baby lettuce heads
green beans
broccoli
purple kale
majoram
thyme
russet potatoes
arugula
green onion
onions
garlic
cilantro
jalapeños 

apples
strawberries (in the basket and the flat)
avocados
lemons
limes

I forgot to put the green beans on the menu, but I'll roast them and serve them instead of the kale chips on Thursday.  We'll have the kale chips for snacks.  :o)



The pulled "pork" sandwiches are super easy and so yummy!  You just soak some soy curls in warm water for about 10 minutes, drain, and then dump them into a crock pot.  Then dump in a bottle or two of barbecue sauce and cook on low for 6-8 hours.  Serve on hamburger buns.

The curry recipe can be found here.  

Depending on how much time I have on Thursday, I may make my own chili or will use Amy's canned chili.  

No comments:

Post a Comment