Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Just another day

Today was a pretty typical Thursday, except Ethan stayed home from school because he's been sick with a bad cold for two weeks, and ended up with a fever last night.  I went to the grocery store in the morning, and then took Ethan to the walk-in clinic to be seen.  We left with a prescription for an antibiotic, and then hit the Subway drive-through for some lunch.  Ethan ate a HUGE footlong and a bag of chips, so it would appear that his appetite has miraculously remained unaffected by his illness.  ;)  I had a 6" veggie sandwich and some apple slices.  It was yummy.

After lunch, I finished up the laundry, made the kids' lunches for tomorrow, and created star-bellied Sneetch t-shirts for my elementary kids for Dr. Seuss' birthday tomorrow.  Then I picked up the kids, took a couple to gymnastics, fed the kids snacks and worked on dinner.  I worked out (pilates and abs!) and then ate a simple meal of chili, cornbread, salad and fruit.  It was just right.

This was a pretty unremarkable day, but I found myself feeling calmer and happier than I have in a long while.  Part of that was due to finding out that Job Corps is agreeing to let Teffy graduate and leave even though she doesn't yet have a job lined up.  That's a huge weight off my mind.  But I also felt like I let myself be more open to the influence of my Father in Heaven today.  I tried hard not to let anything stress me out or make me angry; this is something I pray daily for help with.

No comments:

Post a Comment