Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2012

weekly menu


I'm excited about this week's menu, although I did recycle a couple of meals that we didn't end up eating last week.

Here are the recipes:

For the roasted veggie burritos, I just roast whatever veggies we have on hand in a 425 oven until they are tender and starting to brown.  Tomorrow we are using zucchini, mushrooms, and yellow bell peppers (which I have left from last week).  We put the veggies, black beans and rice into giant Bountiful Baskets tortillas along with some avocado slices or guacamole - Heaven!

Vegetarian pho - I'll be using leftover napa cabbage and bok choy, plus Thai basil (no cilantro) and I'll also add tofu.  The spring rolls are frozen veggie ones.  Don't tell anyone.  ;o)

Smoke apple chick'n sausage soup - I'll be using Field Roast brand apple "chicken" sausage and will add kale and probably cannelini beans.

Hazelnut-quinoa stuffed acorn squash - I'll use walnuts instead of hazelnuts and use some vegan parmesan.

Here's our Bountiful Baskets list.  As usual, we got two organics and two conventional, plus I also ordered a harvest pack of decorative corn, pumpkins and squash for a centerpiece for our dining room table.  It doesn't look like a very big list, but there was a lot of duplication (bananas, pomegranates, grapes, Romaine came in both baskets).


Tuscan kale
romaine lettuce
green leaf lettuce
spinach
celery
carrots
zucchini
butternut squash

grapes
strawberries
avocados
pineapples
bananas
pomegranates
Asian pears
apples

No comments:

Post a Comment