Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2012

weekly menu

Here's the menu for this week.  I'm only posting one real recipe because it's been a busy, crazy weekend and I'm just too lazy.  ;o)

The BLTs are of my own creation and require several key components: Fakin' Bacon (tempeh bacon), Daiya Havarti-style cheese, avocado wedges, lettuce, and tomato slices, all on sourdough bread.  A panini grill makes it all that much more exciting but isn't necessary.  These are seriously the BEST sandwiches!

The roasted potatoes, Brussels sprouts and beefless tips "recipe" is a variation on a dish I do often, depending on what veggies I have.  Sometimes I use a Asian-type glaze using soy sauce, a little sugar, some sesame oil, ginger and garlic, but a balsamic dressing of some kind is also good.  That's what I'm planning this week.  We usually serve it over rice.  I'm making brown rice.

I don't know why I forgot to add in the side dishes for the enchiladas, but since these are stuffed full of beans and squash (I'm using summer squash), I'll probably just add some fruit and call it good.  I might be coaxed into making some rice, too.  We'll see.  Here's the recipe, but I'll be using Daiya cheese in place of the goat cheese called for.

The stuffed acorn squash have been on the menu for the past two weeks and since they are somewhat labor intensive, they've been pre-empted both times.  Hopefully I'll actually get to it this week.  And since I now have carnival squash in addition to acorn, I may use those instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment