Monday, November 26, 2012


I'm trying not to panic. Our adoption agency just called to tell us they are discontinuing their China program once their Hague accreditation expires on January 22nd. They are "merging" with another adoption agency and will continue to do charitable work in China, while our file is transferred to the new agency. They're assuring us everything will go smoothly, but nothing with this agency has gone smoothly. If they hadn't delayed our dossier submission in the first place, we'd be in China and back before any of this takes effect. They're going to ask for our travel approval to be expedited, so *potentially* this could be a good thing.  I just can't help being a bit scared.  Besides just wanting Thalia home yesterday, if we aren't done by April, our homestudy and fingerprints will have to be redone, and this will cause more delays and huge expense, not to mention the hassle of trying to get Joshua fingerprinted in Wisconsin.  Ugh.  

No comments:

Post a Comment