Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

weekly menu



Here's our exciting menu for the week.  :o)  I'm proud of myself because it uses almost everything we got in our baskets, minus spaghetti squash, and a few acorn squash, plus it uses up a few things I had left over from last week.  I didn't plan anything for Friday because I'm not sure what our plans will be that night, but I'll figure that out later.  :o)

Here are the recipes!

Black bean quinoa - I'm adding tomatoes, zucchini and avocado
Candied acorn squash (I usually don't do sugary squash recipes because I think it's sweet enough, but everyone raves about this recipe, so I thought I would give it a try)
Fettucine alfredo sauce - this is my own recipe, and it's yummy!!!
Butternut squash fries (The black bean burgers are not, alas, my husband's beloved zombie burgers, but instead some packaged ones from Light Life that I wanted to try.)

The sesame broccoli "beef" thing is something I'm throwing together from Gardein beefless tips, broccoli, boy choy, and some sesame-ginger sauce.

And this is our veganized Panera cream cheese potato soup recipe.  If I have any leftover broccoli and/or cauliflower, I will add that too.  We top it with a little Daiya cheddar, green onions and Bacos.  I'll be making breadsticks from scratch, but I'm not sure yet which recipe I'll use.


PANERA CREAM CHEESE POTATO SOUP

serves 4-6

Ingredients:
4 cups veggie broth
4 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
1/4 cup minced onions
1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, cut into chunks (I use Follow Your Heart, but
Tofutti is also good)

Directions:
Combine broth, potatoes, onion, and spices.
Boil on medium heat until potatoes are tender.
Smash a few of the potatoes to release their starch for thickening.
Reduce to low heat.
Add cream cheese.
Heat, stirring frequently, until cheese melts.

No comments:

Post a Comment