Pages

Saturday, November 10, 2012

weekly menu











Here are the recipes for the week:

Pumpkin-kale lasagna (sorry to be lazy, but I don't want to type it all out!  It's from this month's issue of Veg News, and I'm leaving the parsnips out because I don't have any and didn't want to use the carrots I had planned for soup.  I'm also subbing chard for the kale.)




























Chickpea noodle soup - just use your favorite chicken noodle soup recipe and sup veggie broth for the chicken broth and chickpeas for the chicken.  Mine will have homemade noodles, carrots, onion, celery, and whatever spices I want to throw in.

Stroganoff - I'm using eggless ribbon noodles (not gluten free) and I may add some seitan.  We'll see.  :o)

Potato bar - we do this a lot!  We just bake some potatoes and put out a bunch of toppings like Amy's chili, broccoli, cheese, sour cream, Bac-os, french fried onions, etc.

Quesadillas - I plan to roast some peppers, corn and onions in the oven and then sandwich them between whole wheat tortillas with a little Daiya cheese and vegan queso.  The soup will be -gasp- from a can.  :o)

And here's what we got today in our Bountiful Baskets:


bananas
oranges
watermelon
honeydew melon
kiwi
pears
apples
avocados
grapes
pineapple

green leaf lettuce
romaine lettuce
potatoes
sweet potatoes
celery
corn
onions
carrots
tomatoes

And here's what I either bought or had left over from last week.  We made a trip to Costco last week, so I couldn't resist all the gorgeous berries and red bell peppers!

strawberries
raspberries
blueberries
blackberries
persimmons
mushrooms
chard
carrots
sugar snap peas
cauliflower
butternut squash
carnival squash
acorn squash
spaghetti squash
vinegar cucumbers
red peppers



No comments:

Post a Comment