Pages

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Merry Christmas, Thalia

I'm trying not to think about the fact that if our agency hadn't screwed up with our dossier so badly, Thalia would probably be home by now.  I wanted her home in time for Christmas so much, and I hate knowing that it won't happen.  Right now, the best we can hope for is that we'll be able to get there and back before the agency's Hague accreditation expires on January 22nd, otherwise we'll be transferred to another agency, and that possibility scares me to death.

I had a good cry today over the fact that she's not here yet, but tonight I got some pictures of the package of gifts that will be delivered to her next week - a dress, headband, bracelet, coloring book, thumb drive (we're hopeful the orphanage will put all her photos on it before we pick her up), doll, picture of Curtis and me, and a big container of suckers to share with the other kids.  That helped me feel a little bit better.  I hope she knows somehow how much we love her.


No comments:

Post a Comment