Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

Joshua's email - 4/1


This might be kind of short because I forgot my old planner at the apartment! (which means I can't look back over my last week and write what happened)!....

Anyway, last Monday we set a baptismal date with A!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!! I can't remember if I talked about her last time or not, but basically she's a 19 year old *** girl that we met about a week and a half ago. She asked us if we could come back and teach her!  We taught her the Restoration and invited her to be baptized!  She said yes, so she's got a date for May 4th I believe.  I'm so excited!!! Woooo!

Tuesday we had a lesson with the H family again.  We taught them the Restoration, and it went really really well.  We're trying to get the father to come to church, and the rest of the family will follow.  He's kind of stubborn, but very very nice and he loves the missionaries!

We also had a lesson with another investigator, M. He accepted a baptismal invitation, but no date yet.  He's extremely sincere, so we're hoping we can keep working with him too.

We had a funeral for a lady who passed unexpectedly this past week, so we attended and helped out at that on Saturday.  The bishop's words were really profound and I think everyone felt comfort by them, so that was way cool.

Other than that, not a whole lot went on this week.  We've got another lesson with T and J tonight, and we're going to try to extend another baptismal date.  We've almost taught them everything!  Also, we got a phone call last week and found out that Elder P is finally leaving Elkhorn (his first area), and he's opening a new area with a new missionary, AND he's going to be district leader!  Awesome!  President also talked to me and he told me that I'm going to be training a new missionary these next two transfers!!! I'm sooooooooooooooooo excited to train a new missionary!!!!! I hope I can teach him and help him become familiar with missionary work and what our purpose as missionaries is.  I'm suuuuuper excited.


Hope you all had a great week and a wonderful Easter!  I love you all!

Elder Whicker

No comments:

Post a Comment