Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

Joshua's email - 3/4/13


Before I post Joshua's email, he has a new address.  Please email me or leave a comment and I will send it to you.  :o)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Five down! I cannot believe that I'm almost at my six month mark! What the heck!!!!!!!

This week was pretty good! We had some good experiences and some not-so-good experiences... and then some more good experiences!

So we weren't left with many miles left for this month.  That means that Elder A and I had to walk everywhere for the remaining 4 days of the months.... WOOHOO! I was also feeling pretty frustrated because we weren't left with many people to teach or anything other than the *** family who lives 15 miles outside our area (we have permission to teach them).  But obviously without miles, we weren't able to visit them.  And, we had planned to have a lesson with them last Saturday, but that fell through due to their busy schedule.  Unfortunately they won't be ready for baptism and there's a few things we have to work with them, but hopefully they'll come around soon.

Anyway, like I said, I was feeling pretty frustrated.  Elder A and I have been talking about faith a lot lately, so I decided to test my faith a little bit.  So I got down on my knees and prayed and asked God to lead us to someone who we can teach.  That day, just as we were coming back to the apartment for the night, we ran into a 24 year old guy named D.  We set up a return appointment with him, and our first lesson was AWESOME.  He accepted a baptismal date for April 6th.  Elder A and I prayed again a few days later, asking Heavenly Father to lead us to at least one more person through our finding efforts we had planned for the day.  As we were walking in the cold a few days after a bad snow storm, we ran into a guy named D who was walking to work.  He seemed really interested in our message and he agreed to meet us at the church for a lesson (planned for tomorrow).  Not even five minutes later, we met a younger guy named C, who also agreed to let us come share our message with him! We've got a few investigators now, so I'm WAY JACKED!!! I know that Heavenly Father answers prayers! I know that he'll help us and guide us as we show our faith to him through our works and effort!

Other than that, not a whole lot happened this week.  We're still getting used to the area, and I'm trying to learn how to become an insane teacher like Elder A.  We were invited to a baptism for one of the kids in the ward, so we went to that.  There were some nonmembers there, so we talked to them.  We had an opportunity to help with a special blessing for a kid who is getting ready for baptism in the W. A. ward. (Some identifying info omitted here) ...the blessing was to help prepare him further for his baptism. That was way cool.  The priesthood is a great gift!

I love you all and I hope everything is AWESOME!!!!!!!!! If you're reading this, write me! I'd love to hear from you!

Elder Whicker

PS.  I forgot to mention in my email that we met with D for a second lesson, and his MOM came to the door.  He forgot about our appointment, so she called him for us.  He came over and Me, Elder A, and one of the ward mission leaders taught D and his MOM!!!! She agreed to read the Book of Mormon and she seems really really promising!! I'm wayyyyyy jacked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment