Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Bountiful Baskets Saturday



This week marks the first time that we start getting Bountiful Baskets weekly. Not only that, but we're getting two trucks each B week. This is great news because it's so hard to get any baskets here. Last Monday our site sold out in less than 16 minutes. Crazy!

Today I got two organic baskets, two conventional (I bought one from my sister), and two tropical packs. As I do every time, I sort it all on the table, take a picture (because it's always so amazing!) and write up a list of all the produce I have, including anything I already have on hand. Then I make up a menu for the coming week based on what we have. This way I can't forget about things and leave them to rot. Everything gets used, and everything is yummy!

I posted a weekly menu on my old blog and will continue to do that here. For any vegans who may happen along, any reference to milk, yogurt, cheese, etc. always means vegan versions.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness what a blessing! I'd love to have that sort of produce on my table. Beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! We just received our first order from Bountiful Baskets on Saturday!! I had two conventional baskets, two extras of guacamole fixin's (waaaaay too much, even for our big family), case of tomatoes and some tortillas for baking into chips. Nice!

    I love your menu, too. Looks like some yummy, healthy food for you all!!

    Nice to "meet" you. ;-) Jill

    ReplyDelete