Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

A letter and a homestudy

Today I wrote a letter to my parents about Song Guo and why we are going to adopt her. I can't give it to them just yet as we want to be sure we have our pre-approval before telling our family and close friends, but it felt good to get all my thoughts and feelings down on paper. Or screen. ;o) We have been very fortunate in that our family and friends have always been very supportive of our adoptions. I know many people who aren't so blessed in that department and who struggle with busy-body relatives or parents who think they're nuts or neighbors who worry their property values will decrease with so many kids running around. Still, I know our parents will have some worries, and I'm hoping this letter will help assuage their concerns. I assured them that the most important fact in this whole scenario is that we know Song Guo is supposed to be a part of our family. We're trusting in God that the rest will fall into place - that the funds will appear, that we'll be equal to any challenges that come up along the way, and that we'll be able to help Song Guo achieve the most she possibly can.

I also got the somewhat shocking news that our social worker will be here MONDAY! I'm grateful she's coming so quickly, but a little (OK, a lot) stressed about the fact that my husband and older sons will be on a Scout campout (Klondike Derby) this weekend. There is always a lot of cleaning to do on Saturday, but homestudy-quality cleaning? That's a tall order for one mom who's home alone with mostly little ones! Also somewhat concerning is that she is coming before school starts on Monday - 5:45 am! That was the only time we could make it work and ensure that everyone can be here. She must love her job to be willing to come here so early. ;o) I just hope our kids aren't like zombie children when she's trying to interview them. And then there's the fact that the most stressful hour of our day is 7-8 am as we're getting everyone ready and out the door for school. She's going to have a front-row seat for all the fun! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment