Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Homestudy visit #1: check

Our homestudy lasted over three hours this morning, but thankfully our new social worker is really laid back and funny. We really enjoyed talking to her and she put us at ease, even when the getting-ready-for-school chaos was going on. Our next visits are scheduled for February 25th and 26th, and then we'll be done. She told us that she is pretty quick with getting reports done, so I'm hopeful that we'll be sending in our I800A by this time next month.

Today I've been figuratively (so far, it could change!) beating my head against the wall as I try to figure out which of the myriad background check forms I need to submit to Minnesota. Their website is completely confusing, and my repeated phone calls to the Department of Human Services got me nowhere. I left messages and no one returned my calls. I'm thinking I might send in three of the forms I think could be the right ones and let them sort it out. ;o) On top of the annoying form confusion, I have to get fingerprinted tonight and send in my fingerprint cards. All this for a two-and-a-half month period between my turning 18 in Minnesota and heading to college in Utah. Grrr...

While I'm getting fingerprinted, I get to pick up our local police clearance letters, so that's one more dossier item I'll have done. At least there's that! Oh, and I got all of our reference letter writers contacted and gave them the letter guidelines.

Slowly but surely...

No comments:

Post a Comment