Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Seriously?

Yesterday we got a Request for Evidence letter from USCIS.  The letter said that our homestudy was missing our social worker's signature, as well as required statements addressing the accuracy of the homestudy and that we had been advised as to reasons our homestudy would need to be updated or amended.  All of the "missing" stuff was about 4 pages in from the end, and I have NO idea how it could have gotten separated from the rest of the papers.  I'm certain it was there when I mailed it because I checked the notarization to be sure it was done properly, and it's the notarized page that has to be missing.

I've called twice and left a message for our case worker but haven't heard anything back yet.  If I don't hear something by the end of the day, I'm just going to send them a whole new homestudy.  I wish I could send them a bill for the $30 or so it's going to cost me to replace it.  Sheesh.  I hate being slowed down, but especially for silly mistakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment