Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Weekly menu


We got a huge variety of stuff from Bountiful Baskets today!  I got 2 conventional baskets, 2 organic baskets, and a ton of blackberries which I'll be turning into blackberry freezer jam.

Lemons
Apricots
Bananas
Blackberries
D'anjou pears
Honeydew
Apples
Avocados
Cantaloupe
Blueberries
Pineapple (from last week)
Oranges (from last week)
Watermelon (from last week)

Corn
Tomatoes
Cucumbers
Onions
Carrots
Green bell peppers
Cauliflower
Onions
Red bell peppers
Carrots
Italian parsley
Cauliflower
Butternut squash
Cherry tomatoes
Green onions
Brocolette
Green beans (inedible)
Potatoes (from last week)

And here are the menu and recipes for the coming week:


Chipotle butternut squash & black bean burrito bowl (I'll be adding green bell pepper
Orange pan-glazed tempeh
Beer-battered avocado tacos (one of my very favorite vegan meals!  I use O'Doul's amber)

I'll also be making a boatload of blackberry-vanilla freezer jam since my strawberry version turned out so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment