Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Weekly menu

I'm just a tad late with this (not that I think anyone is holding their breath until I get this posted!) but I finally got it done.

Here's my produce list for the week:


Tomatoes
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Carrots
Avocados
Spinach
Romaine lettuce
Green leafy lettuce
Eggplant
Red potatoes

Apricots
Pineapple
Strawberries
Blackberries
Watermelon
Apples
Pears
Bananas
Mangoes
Honeydew melon

I also have some kiwis and summer squash left over from last week, plus a couple coconuts, and some mushrooms, oranges, bananas and grapefruit.

You may find my Sunday meal a little strange, but since we were having family pictures taken after church AND it was Mother's Day, I wanted some comfort food that was fast and easy to make BY SOMEONE OTHER THAN ME!  Chili Frito pie is one of my guilty pleasures.  As is the giant bowl of vanilla Soy Delicious ice cream with crushed up Oreos that I ate for dessert.  ;o)

The other meals don't really need a recipe except for the lasagna.  I'm using this recipe, but I will be adding thin-sliced eggplant and will be using Daiya mozzarella and the cheese sauce below in place of the ricotta and egg.  I use this every time I make lasagna and it is yummy.  It is a bit runny when you first add it to the lasagna, but when it bakes, it firms up and is very ricotta-like in texture.


1 cup blended silken tofu (blended until creamy in a blender or food processor)
1 cup vegetable broth
1/2 cup dairy-free plain soy milk or almond milk
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
3 T. tahini
1 t. onion powder
1 t. garlic powder
1/2 t. salt, or to taste
2 T. corn starch

The salad bar will use up all our greens, plus tomatoes, mushrooms, and avocados, and I'll add chickpeas, croutons, Bacos, sunflower seeds, walnuts and any other yumminess I can scrounge up, all topped with my favorite Annie's Goddess dressing.  Heaven!  (Oh, I'm I'm going to roast up a bunch of summer squash that night, too, but I forgot to put it on the menu, and we'll also be having mangos, which likewise didn't make it onto the menu.  I'm too lazy to fix it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment