Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Where are we in the process? A checklist!

I borrowed and adapted this list with permission from a family that is adopting a little guy with Down syndrome from China.  They are just about ready to travel.  I'm so excited for them!


We have completed everything in bold.  I will repost this each time we complete a step.

Major Milestones in the U.S.—China International Adoption Process:

Application to Home Study Agency
Home Study completed
Application to Adoption Agency
Application reviewed/approved
Home Study reviewed/approved by adoption agency
Submit Pre-approval documents (including Letter of Intent) to CCCWA (China Center for Children’s Welfare and Adoption)
Receive Pre-approval from CCCWA
Submit I-800A application to USCIS-NBC
Receive biometrics appointment
Receive I-800A approval
State authentications
Authentication by Chinese consulate
Dossier to China
Receive Log-in Date
Receive Letter of Acceptance from CCCWA
Submit I-800 to USCIS-NBC
I-800 Provisional Approval cabled to US Consulate in Guangzhou
US Consulate signs Article 5
CCCWA issues Travel Approval
Adoption agency makes Consulate appointments
Travel/Placement

No comments:

Post a Comment