Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Weekly menu


Here's this week's list of produce I have to work with.  Most of it is from Bountiful Baskets, but there are a few things left over from last week, and a couple of things I bought at the store.  
  • Tomatoes: 12 
  • Apples:  15
  • Mini watermelons: 3 
  • Bananas: 17 
  • Coconuts: 2
  • Mangos: 11
  • Kiwi: 12
  • Plantains: 2
  • Mini pineapple: 2
  • Strawberries: 5 quarts
  • Raspberries:  4 pints
  • Blueberries:  2 pints
  • Blackberries:  2 pints
  • Vanilla bean:  several
  • Sugar cane pieces:  1
  • Apple slices:  1 big box 
  • Grapefruit cups:  12 cups
  • Grapes: 2 bunches
  • Cauliflower: 7 heads 
  • Green beans: 1 bag
  • Mint: 2 bags 
  • Avocados: 3
  • Cucumbers: 8 
  • Green chard:  3 bunches
  • Spinach:  3 bunches
  • Romaine lettuce:  3 bunches
  • Sugar snap peas:  1 big bag 
  • Baby carrots:  12 small packages
  • Mushrooms:  2 packages
  • Leeks: 3



You might recognize that the middle eastern food I had planned for last Thursday is on the menu for Sunday.  I ended flip-flopping a few things around, so if you want any of those recipes, refer to the previous week's menu.

I don't know what to do with the flippin' leeks.  I usually put them in soups and stews, but I'm clueless with what to do with them in warm weather.  Any ideas?

Strawberry shortcake
Veggie enchiladas - I will be using summer squash, spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms and avocado.  These look SO yummy!
Swiss chard with garbanzo beans and tomatoes
Taco salad - I bought tortilla bowls for these and plan to use up all the romaine lettuce and leftover tomatoes in these.  I'll probably use seasoned kidney beans, vegan cheese and sour cream, plus some guacamole and salsa.
Cauliflower curry

2 comments:

  1. Can you slice and freeze the leeks to toss in soups next fall?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll probably end up doing that. I just can't come up with any better ideas. ;o)

    ReplyDelete