Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Discouraged

Im having a low moment. After I thought our dossier had already been sent to China, I found out yesterday that something was missing. Apparently I was supposed to have an employment letter even though I don't work outside the home. And our homestudy agency forgot to attach the inter-agency agreement to our homestudy, so our placing agency stapled it on to the already authenticated homestudy. Hopefully that won't cause problems. As for the letter, I wrote it immediately, had it notarized and overnighted it to the Secretary of State. I called and left a voicemail today, begging them to get it back to me as soon as possible. Then once I have it back, I have to pay the courier fee in Washington DC all over again, plus a $40 rush charge. :( if I get the letter back tomorrow (big if), I can have it in DC on Thursday which means the courier can drop it off on Friday and pick it up Monday, and our agency would get it Tuesday. A one week delay wouldn't be such a big deal, but the wait after the documents are registered us generally six months, and I desperately want Thalia home in time for Christmas. We were cutting it so close as it was. Aside from the delay, this is going to cost us about $300 in fees and postage. Ugh :(

1 comment: