Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

A little catch-up

This has been a busy week and I haven't had much time to write.  The days leading up to the dismissal of school for the summer left my kids a little on the wild side, and all the changes in our routines haven't been great for me, either!

Last night we got to go hear several local musicians at an acoustic show downtown.  My brother-in-law, Jay, performed some solo numbers, but also played with his band, which for the moment includes our son Joshua and several of his friends.  They did a great job and it was great to listen to some really loud and fun music!  I'll post some pictures of the event once I get them uploaded.

This week is also "recital week," with rehearsals every. single. day.  Today there are two recital performances, so besides the usual house cleaning, laundry, Bountiful Baskets, and shopping, we're also squeezing in hair and makeup and costume changes and juggling performances.  I'm excited to see the kids' dances, but I will be very glad when it's over!  We have 7 kids in dance this year, so it's a real effort to make it through this week without going bonkers!  Thankfully, our Bountiful Baskets haul was very light on things needing to be cut up or otherwise processed today, so most of it can just go into the fridge. That will leave me plenty of time to play beautician.  ;o)

Tomorrow we're celebrating my 41st birthday.  It's actually on Tuesday, but it's easier for us to do it on Sundays because we're guaranteed to have everyone home.

Next week we have three t-ball games and Joshua's state soccer finals.  We'll also be attending a weekend event at the school for the deaf and blind.  After that, I think I can take a breather!

No comments:

Post a Comment