Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Weekly menu

I spent the day in Billings with my parents today, so I came home and threw this together really fast.  I'm not going to post the recipes tonight, but if anyone wants one (or more), let me know and I will post them asap.

Here's what we got in our baskets today (2 organic, 2 conventional):


2 bunches celery
4 containers cherry tomatoes
6 green bell peppers
6 yellow onion
2 red onion
2 butternut squash
2 spaghetti squash
3 romaine lettuce
2 petite lettuce
18 bananas
4 bags green grapes
2 bags carrots
12 plums
2 cantaloupe
4 bags cherries
10 mangos
4 apricots

And here's what I either bought separately, or have left over from last week:

4 avocados
15 plums
15 apricots
10 nectarines
2 qts strawberries
6 pints raspberries
1 qt blueberries
1 qt blackberries
10 mangies
2 red pears
1 lemon
apples
bananas
oranges
6 spaghetti squash
2 bags potatoes
1 big bag broccoli florets
2 pkgs mushrooms
4 acorn squash

And here's the menu!


I tried to pick several meals that will use up a lot of veggies all at once (stir fry, kabobs, salad bar, pizzas) and we'll eat lots and lots of fruit, too.  The meals that come from actual recipes are all from my new favorite cookbook, "Supermarket Vegan."  I L-O-V-E this cookbook!  Everything is cheap, easy to find and easy to make, plus there are only a few tofu recipes and no other faux meat recipes.  I love tofu and I don't mind some meat substitutes (like seitan), but I'd much rather just eat beans and nuts and whole grains to get my protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment