Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

Elder Whicker

Yesterday Joshua was ordained an elder.  I bawled all the way through the ordination.  I have so many conflicting emotions!  I'm so incredibly grateful for him and proud of the choices he's made throughout his life, but the thought of living without him for two years is really hard to come to terms with.  Now that he has graduated from MCC, I know he'd be off somewhere else anyway, even if he weren't serving a mission, but it's still hard to think about.  I'm so thankful that he WANTS to serve and that he's worthy to serve.  It would be that much harder if he were wishy-washy about it.

Today we're sending off his papers since we were finally able to get a decent photo taken.  We'd meant to do it last week, but with the swelling from his wisdom teeth removal being so bad, we didn't think he was particularly photogenic (unless he was going for the chipmunk look).  ;o)

Here's my sweet boy.


And here's a picture we will NOT send.  ;o)

1 comment:

  1. Love that fact you added the second picture to the blog post. :)

    ReplyDelete