Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Family Learning Weekend

This weekend most of our family got to go to the Montana School for the Deaf and Blind for Family Learning Weekend. This is an annual event for deaf and hard-of-hearing children and their families from all over the state. The parents get to attend classes and meetings while the children are organized by age and get to participate in all kinds of fun activities like swimming, races, bowling and crafts.

Unfortunately, I got super sick and spent most of the weekend holed up in our room. Curtis filmed most of the performances that the kids put on, so at least I got to see those. I'm still disappointed that I missed so much. Hopefully next year will be better. (The Family Learning Weekend for blind and visually impaired kids is always the week before, and next year we hope to go to both since Cora's weekend got nixed this year.)

Also this weekend in Great Falls was Joshua's state soccer finals. I did manage to sneak away to watch some of his last game yesterday, but paid for overdoing it with a horrible night last night. Bleh. The Miles City Posse tied two games and lost one game by one goal. They were disappointed but they had fun and did a great job.

I'll post a video from FLW as soon as I can. I'm posting on the car ride home and the Internet connection is sketchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment